A CAFE sign has fallen down in Oxford’s Cowley Road this morning.
The white signage for Millefeuille cafe and patisserie broke off and is lying across a pavement.
Police tape is restricting access to the cafe and premises on each side, including Baltic Food and the Greek Taverna restaurant.
Amy, supervisor at Rick’s Cafe two units away, said: “The sign has just broken off. It was like that in the morning when I came into work so it must have happened overnight.
“I’ve never seen anything like it before.”
Oxford City Council spokeswoman Louisa Dean said: “We will be visiting the premises on the Cowley Road to inspect the sign that appears to have fallen onto the pavement to see what action our Building Control Surveyors will take.
“We will be ensuring that the area is safe for the public. We are grateful for the Oxford Mail for highlighting the issue.”
- Our top stories:
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon