A CAFE sign has fallen down in Oxford’s Cowley Road this morning.
The white signage for Millefeuille cafe and patisserie broke off and is lying across a pavement.
Police tape is restricting access to the cafe and premises on each side, including Baltic Food and the Greek Taverna restaurant.
Amy, supervisor at Rick’s Cafe two units away, said: “The sign has just broken off. It was like that in the morning when I came into work so it must have happened overnight.
“I’ve never seen anything like it before.”
Oxford City Council spokeswoman Louisa Dean said: “We will be visiting the premises on the Cowley Road to inspect the sign that appears to have fallen onto the pavement to see what action our Building Control Surveyors will take.
“We will be ensuring that the area is safe for the public. We are grateful for the Oxford Mail for highlighting the issue.”
- Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out