A CAFE sign has fallen down in Oxford’s Cowley Road this morning.
The white signage for Millefeuille cafe and patisserie broke off and is lying across a pavement.
Police tape is restricting access to the cafe and premises on each side, including Baltic Food and the Greek Taverna restaurant.
Amy, supervisor at Rick’s Cafe two units away, said: “The sign has just broken off. It was like that in the morning when I came into work so it must have happened overnight.
“I’ve never seen anything like it before.”
Oxford City Council spokeswoman Louisa Dean said: “We will be visiting the premises on the Cowley Road to inspect the sign that appears to have fallen onto the pavement to see what action our Building Control Surveyors will take.
“We will be ensuring that the area is safe for the public. We are grateful for the Oxford Mail for highlighting the issue.”
- Our top stories:
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards