A CAFE sign has fallen down in Oxford’s Cowley Road this morning.
The white signage for Millefeuille cafe and patisserie broke off and is lying across a pavement.
Police tape is restricting access to the cafe and premises on each side, including Baltic Food and the Greek Taverna restaurant.
Amy, supervisor at Rick’s Cafe two units away, said: “The sign has just broken off. It was like that in the morning when I came into work so it must have happened overnight.
“I’ve never seen anything like it before.”
Oxford City Council spokeswoman Louisa Dean said: “We will be visiting the premises on the Cowley Road to inspect the sign that appears to have fallen onto the pavement to see what action our Building Control Surveyors will take.
“We will be ensuring that the area is safe for the public. We are grateful for the Oxford Mail for highlighting the issue.”
- Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak