BEIJING Olympic swimming silver medalist Keri-Anne Payne gave a masterclass in water sports at Blenheim Palace on Wednesday.
The 26-year-old and 10 kilometre swimming world champion at the 2009 Commonwealth Games was promoting the Swim Britain event.
She said: “Since Beijing and London 2012 it has been really exciting to see swimming grow as a sport.
“Last year’s event was amazing and Blenheim is a really beautiful location with lots of history.
“We want people to start having a go at events like this more often.”
Ms Payne, who is having a rest year, will start intensive training in October for the 2016 summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
She added: “At the moment I am just doing five training sessions a week, but that will go back up to 10 or more.”
Swim Britain is a series of team swimming relay competitions taking place to promote the sport for exercise.
Blenheim Palace will host its open water event on September 7, also supported by homelessness charity Shelter.
Teams of four swimmers will complete a relay swim of 1,000m or 500m.
Anyone aged 16 and older is welcome to compete.
For further information or to take part in the event, visit swimbritain.co.uk/signup
Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her