TRACTOR users got to test the latest green machines from Germany with a ‘try a tractor’ day in Grove.
East Challow-based agricultural sales company LJ & CA Cannings hosted the day, letting customers test out their newest machines from manufacturers Deutz-Fahr.
More than 150 people came to the Grove Technology Park to have a go at driving them.
Sales representative James Cannings said: “We invited all of our customers down to have a go on the new tractors.
“More than 150 people came, and it went down very, very well.”
He added: “They got to drive a few times up and down the airfield, and we had other machinery – fertiliser spinners and drills and so on – on display for those who were waiting to get on the tractor.
“They were really, really impressed. It was supposed to close at 6pm, and I was still there with customers at 8pm.”
Following on from the day’s success, the company plans to hold similar events in the future.
Mr Cannings said: “I think we will do it again.”
Our top stories:
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops
- Time-travelling story takes top spot in our Ox Tales competition
- Former Oxford City director Thomas Guerriero pleads guilty to $6.6m fraud
- Police confirm dead baby was newborn and renew desperate appeal to find mother
- Adam says yes after reading girlfriend's Leap Day proposal on the Oxford Mail website