Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting OXFORD NEWS to 80360 or email us
Robber who attacked boy, 15, put behind bars
A ROBBER who carried out a “savage” attack on a 15-year-old boy has been handed a 31-month prison sentence.
Thomas Alcock, of Pooles Lane, Charlbury, pleaded guilty to carrying out a robbery and possessing cannabis on July 20 last year.
Michael Roques, prosecuting, said together with two other the 22-year-old attacked his victim – who cannot be named for legal reasons – in Witney’s Oxford Hill at about 11.40pm.
The barrister said the 15-year-old has no memory of the attack and woke up in hospital with bruises, a broken nose and a concussion.
He added that from the teenager’s injuries it was clear he had been kicked while on the floor. His Blackberry mobile phone and keys were also stolen.
Mr Roques added that Alcock has an “unenviable record” with 15 convictions for a total of 24 offences.
Even his defence barrister Lucy Tapper said he had a “rather worrying violent record” which had started with an assault at age 12.
But she added that he had “turned a corner” recently and given up the drinking which caused some of his offending.
Judge Gordon Risius told Alcock: “It must have been a terrifying experience for a young man who had done you no harm.
“He had done nothing whatsoever to prompt a savage attack about which mercifully he remembers very little.”